One popular product that pet owners have started to seek out for their furry little friend is CBD. CBD, otherwise known as cannabidiol oil, has proven to be highly beneficial not just for humans, but for Pets as well.
In fact, many humans take CBD in order to help with a multitude of different issues, including anxiety, sore muscles, and other conditions. But, how does it help your pet?
If you’ve ever been curious about how CBD can help your cat or dog, then look no further. Here, we’ll discuss why CBD for your pet, whether a dog or cat, might be good for them.
First of all, what is CBD?
CBD oil is called cannabidiol oil, and it’s a substance that is one of the 80 different cannabinoids from the hemp/cannabis plant.
When we think of cannabis or hemp, we, of course, think of marijuana. But is it the same thing?
The answer is no, because CBD doesn’t contain the same chemicals that marijuana contains, and it has the following properties:
- It’s a natural, plant compound
- It’s not toxic to animals
- It doesn’t contain THC, so it won’t create a “high” in anyone who uses it
- It also isn’t psychoactive, so it won’t cause hallucinations
CBD oil is made from cannabinoids, which are a different part of the cannabis plant and the THC content is nothing in this substance, so no, your pet won’t get high.
When choosing CBD for your pets, you can give it in different forms, including the following:
- Yummy treats that they’ll like
- Tinctures which appeal to them
- Little droplets that are easy for them to take in pet food
CBD can be used for many different issues, and no, your dog or cat doesn’t need to smoke a joint to get the benefits of CBD, and no, your pet won’t be stoned if you give them this.
How can it help Animals?
When we hear about CBD, usually we hear about the human benefits that are commonly marketed to the average person, which include the following:
- Suppressed immune system
But, it can actually help your pet in other ways too, and some of the benefits that CBD can provide to your pet include the following:
- Anxiety and fearfulness
- Arthritis, including Rheumatoid arthritis
- IBS in pats
- Parasitic and bacterial infections
- Pain of any kind
- Separation anxiety in a pet
- Anxiety during long car trips
- Fear of loud noises, including fireworks
- Skin conditions
That’s a lot! How does this help both humans and pets though?
The answer, is in the endocannabinoid receptors, and they allow for the following to happen:
- These sensors will create and modulate all sorts of responses, including immune responses
- The cannabinoids in CBD attach to these, and they can help with preventing this in the body
- Humans and animals both have these, and they both can have diseases which can plague the body
- CBD is used to help treat these issues, both inflammatory, and neurological conditions
CBD is especially good for treating mental conditions including epilepsy of all kinds, pain, anxiety, and any inflammation, so if your pet suffers from this, definitely consider getting CBD oil for them.
But how can it Fight Cancer?
You probably noticed that we mentioned cancer as one of the main enemies that CBD oil can help with, and you may wonder why that is. Well, research does show that CBD and other hemp and cannabis substances actually have an anti-tumor effect which can stop cancer cells from growing.
How can that do that though? Well, the following happens:
- CBD oil can help with the immune system’s killer cells, which can cause cancer cell death
- It can block their ability to produce energy, and stop the growth
- It has anti-tumor properties that can inhibit the glioma cell growth
- It can increase the efficiency of cancer treatment
Now, this doesn’t substitute cancer treatments that your pet is already getting, but it can markedly help them if they’re in a pinch. CBD oil is a natural preventative treatment, and it can change your life completely, and your pet’s life too.
CBD is actually really good for pets because it can help with appetite issues for dogs or cats. If you’re having trouble getting your pet to eat, then consider giving them some CBD oil.
This is because, since they have cannabinoids, this can help with those receptors, and it can help to treat a variety of issues related to eating, including the following:
- Nausea of all kinds
- Refusal to eat
- Any toxins and drugs in the body
This can help to flush out the toxins that are bothering the body, and it’s really good to help with pets that are feeling a little sick, and need an appetite boost.
Help with Pain!
Pets can be in pain, just like how humans are. But, the problem with pain, is that in pets, it’s harder to gauge, but CBD can help with chronic inflammation, pain, and autoimmune diseases.
How does it do that? Well, CBD has shown to provide the following properties to both cats and dogs, including the following:
- It can decrease the production and release of inflammatory cytokines
- This reduces allergies, hypersensitivity, and autoimmunity
- It also can suppress the Th17 dominance, which is a major reason for autoimmune diseases
- It inhibits the production of inflammatory macrophages, and it will decrease chronic inflammation
- It’s also a very powerful antioxidant, on par with those such as Vitamins C and E
So yes, it can help you with fighting any degenerative immune or autoimmune diseases, which can affect a pet’s health. Older cats and dogs especially can benefit from this since they’re more at risk for these chronic issues and any pain that is a result of this.
Any safety Precautions for Cats?
As with any medication, there is always that chance that overdose can happen, and the same goes for CBD oil. While it contains almost no THC, too much can make it a bit toxic for a pet.
The effects of this can be the following:
- A potential “high” that lasts days
- The pet may not stand or eat
- It doesn’t cause life-threatening conditions however
The only chance this really is threatening for dogs, especially CBD, if it’s provided in something they shouldn’t be eating already, including chocolate, raisins, and coffee.
But remember, CBD oil isn’t going to make the pet high, and the instance of that is very very rare, and that’s because of the following:
- It contains less than 3% THC, so you can’t get the pet high
- It doesn’t contain hallucinogens
So no, you’d have to give your pet A LOT to get them high, so don’t think they’re going to be stoned out of their mind if they have a bit. They would need a ton to get to that point.
If anything, you might want to watch how they react.
It’s Like a Vitamin for Pets!
The best way to describe CBD is that it’s like a vitamin for your pet.
How does that work though? Well, it’s similar because of the following:
- You take it once a day
- You essentially are letting the CBD help with regulating the mood, pain, and the sleep for a pet
- You don’t have to give them too much
- It can help with any issues that you might have, and your pet may love the taste of it!
The best part is that unlike other medications that actually have life-threatening effects, you don’t have to worry about that with CBD. It’s safer, better, and healthier for a pet, and your furry friend will be happier taking that than some medication that has a slew of adverse effects that they’re going to hate.
You might wonder if there are dosage precautions when giving your pet CBD oil. The guidelines are simple, and they are as follows:
- Always consult your vet to find out if they can have this, and to make sure that it doesn’t interfere with the current medications
- Start with 1mg of CBD each day for every 10 pounds of a pet’s body weight, either once or twice daily
- It’s important to start off small, and increase it every single day
- Only increase till you see the results
- Always make sure to stay with the pet after giving it to make sure that it’s okay
CBD isn’t toxic, but you should make sure that the cat or dog isn’t feeling overly sedated or active because of this, and make sure that you get a product that isn’t contaminated.
So now that you know about CBD, what’s a good one to try? Well, why not King Kanine!
King Kanine Brings high-Quality CBD to You and Your Pet!
King Kanine is one of the top CBD pet product companies, and pets all over the world are loving this product.
It has many different benefits to it that pets will love, including the following:
- High-quality hemp sand CBD that’s suspended in omega-3 krill oil
- It is tested vigorously for potency and bio-availability
- It is non-GMO and certified organic hemp
- There are no artificial ingredients, flavors, colors or preservatives
- Everything is natural, and it’s everything you want to give your pet
This is one of the best CBD products out there for pets, and it will really help your pet enjoy the effects of CBD in a safe, healthy way.
Lab Results you can Trust
King Kalm, the CBD King Kanine product, has been tested in a lab and certified for the top quality possible. This product is made for your pet, and they value testing more than anything.
Some of the factors involved in testing include the following:
- It’s all tested in an ISO 17025 facility
- All results are transparent
- You can see the full certificate of analysis on their website for every single product
In this, you’ll know exactly what you’re giving your pet, and you’ll be happy to see that it’s been tested vigorously to produce the top results possible.
Not just CBD oil Either
King Kanine doesn’t just do the oil either, but you can also get CBD for your pet in different forms, including the following:
- Organically certified pet treats
- Topicals to rub on their body
- Different Kombos that allow you to fully soothe your pet
All of these are organic, and they allow for your pet to have the best wellness possible both inside and out. The treats are made for both dogs and cats, and they are tasty and they’ll enjoy it.
The treats that you can get come in a variety of flavors, so if your pet wants something a little bit tastier, you can give them the following:
- Blueberry apple
- Organic Cinnamon Summer
- Honey Roasted Almond Flax
It comes with a potent blend of nutrients that your pet will love in every bite, and remember that every product is tested in a lab to make sure it provides a safe and helpful experience to your pet.
Get CBD for your pet today!
King Kanine is one of the best CBD companies for pets, and they provide a multitude of wonderful treats your pet will love.
If you want to try CBD oil for your pet, you can check it out here for more information, and dosage recommendations
It’s a new era of pet health and wellness, and treating your furry friend with CBD oil can benefit them in ways you never thought possible.