Cats are the mysterious creatures of this world. While sometimes they suck on the blanket, some cats feel envious, especially when their owner cuddles with another pet. Though these are some ways they try to convey their emotions, sometimes, it becomes difficult to predict the emotions behind their actions.
For instance, cats cry when they are hungry. The hungry cat gets impatient, and hence her meows become plaintive. She is asking you to fill the bowl. In this case, you need to withhold her close as she eats or drinks, and you will see that the meowing slows down. However, cats cry is not reserved for their hunger; sometimes, the reason can be beyond wanting food.
A group of feline specialists has conducted many types of research to analyze cat vocalizations. And it has been proved that cats cry in different ways, and there are variations in the cat’s voice. Though these variations may vary depending on the breed and age, they may also have other reasons as well. Hence, if you’re a cat owner, it’s necessary to pay close attention.
What are the Symptoms and Types of Crying?
There are some typical reasons why cats cry. The following table will help you understand why the cats cry based on vocalization.
|Low pitch, warm, and gentle.
|Seeking attention from people arrived
|Low-pitch, but tough
|Annoyed by the pets that came along with the guests
|Cry by seeking the corner
|When the owners leave the cats alone at home.
|Does not increase the noise level
|In the presence of new pets
|Feeding time is missed. It makes the cat feel stressed about the fact that no one is there to take care of them.
|Cry plaintively or Disoriented crying
|Apparently, no reason. Because of aging, they get mental confusion and cognitive dysfunction.
|When cats are not spayed at the right age.
|Males yowl with the smell of female cats.
|Cry at night
|Signs of heat increase in the body.
|Cry during winters
|Signs of feeling cold.
|When they find the owner being close to another pet.
|Sound more like talking
|The cats do not easily adapt to a new environment
|Does not stop easily
|Feared about new strangers entering home
|Cry even without eating
|Signs of problems related to the digestive tract
|More like babies crying
|The cats are hurt and experiencing pain in the body.
|Indigestion and stomach problems.
|With eyes closed sometimes
How do you find the reason for the cat crying?
Cats primarily cry to demand attention from humans. They generally know when their owner is sad or frustrated. They try to reflect the same with their actions. However, unfortunately, humans are terrible at interpreting their emotions. But, if you want to decode why your cat is crying, the first thing you will have to check what they were doing throughout the day.
As you know, cats are creatures known for habits. If they have practiced eating at 7 AM every day, they tend to cry if the routine is missed. In this case, you don’t have to anticipate, feed her, and she is going to be alright. Also, when a cat cries, and as a response, you feed her, she will consider it as you are rewarding her for this kind of behavior. Hence, she continues to do it every day.
But if you find something unusual with her meowing, then she is trying to communicate something to you. Watch her whole body to understand the change.
What are the reasons for a cat’s cry other than hunger?
- Necessary petting: The cats become strident, and their meows grow with intensity. It is the potential aggression created for seeking attention. If you don’t pet your cat immediately, she becomes over-stimulated. And, if you ignore a cat’s cries continuously, she tends to bite you.
- Looking for letting go: Crying or meowing is the cat’s primary way to let you know what she wants. You must have seen that the cats cry at the closed door. If this is the case with your cat, it means either she wants to go out or come in. It is mostly low-pitched crying, but they become over-demanding.
- Rubbing your legs: Sometimes cats cry by rubbing your legs or try to drag you. Though the primary reason behind it is that they are looking for playtime, sometimes, it can also be a sign of intimidation by other pets. This type of cry can be seen, especially when she spends several hours alone at home.
- Crying with growling: Now, this becomes strange; the cats cry as they also tend to growl. It means they are catching fear of something. People have noticed it, especially when they travel by bus or car. They are feared of the fast movement.
- Crying by closing eyes: See if the cats cry as they sleep or while closing the eyes, it means they are not quite feeling well or experiencing pain. Mostly when they feel tired after playing or having indigestion, they cry frequently. Try providing immune supplements like Tomlyn Immune Support Daily, which will help them to gain more stamina and energy. But if you find weird about their crying, take them to the vet immediately for a consultation.
How to help the cat crying?
Most often, when people ask whether the cats cry, they also ask How to make them stop crying. It is very tricky to answer this question as it depends on the demands and needs of different cats. It is always essential to identify the reason for crying so that you can stop.
While cats usually cry when they miss their feeding time, other cats tend to feel anxious when they feel alone. It becomes highly stressful for cats when their demands are not met. Therefore, if you don’t want them to cry, practice them the way you want them to be. It is easier than waking up at 3 AM for feeding the cat and feel annoyed about it.
Also, ensure you provide some time every day to play with the cat, take them to the garden, give them toys, and feed them appropriately. Interactive toys like YOFUN smart toys can reduce the stress level and engage them when left alone. The other reason is when cats attain the age of spaying. The crying is intolerable, and only your vet can help you out on this case. But if the cat persists in crying a lot, the best decision is to take them to a vet. They can help to get him fixed immediately.
There is no fixed or permanent solution to stop a cat from crying. But as an owner, do not get annoyed or show reflex on the behavior. Always look out for how you can help them. When the cats gain confidence, it is easy to put them in practice, and eventually, slowly get rid of the behavioral crying habit.